Sunday, July 13, 2014

EDTECH Research

This assignment provided the opportunity for me to research something I've been wanting to look into for some time: How can I utilize technology to increase the frequency and the effectiveness of student communication and collaboration in my AP Chemistry classes? 

What I found certainly suggested that collaborative learning experiences were both extremely beneficial to students and also rather difficult to provide.  Too often is productivity within student work groups confused with collaborative learning and the co-construction of understanding.  Structures must be put in place by teachers to ensure that authentic, co-learning actually happens when students work together.  I'm excited to incorporate these structures into my classes this upcoming year as I explore technology-supported peer review of lab conclusions and collaborative lab reports with my AP students.
 
Link to Annotated Bibliography

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home